Monday, March 24, 2008

Almost done!

That's right, Twist is all sewn up and is now blocking. The buttons are only there for effect--I will sew them on once the sweater is dry, then take a photo of the finished product (hopefully on me).

Have any of you seen the article on finishing by Veronik Avery in the Spring 2008 issue of Interweave? I highly recommend it. I have never been completely happy with my armhole seams and always dreaded this step but she has a really great method for attaching a set-in sleeve, using different stitches for the various parts of the armhole. I tried it on this sweater and am extremely pleased with the results. I just love picking up new tricks and techniques with different projects--there always seems to be something new to learn.

5 comments:

Holly said...

It looks terrific!

Thanks for the finishing reference. The one I have found so far that has been the best is Janet Szabo's

Michelle said...

The Sweater is stunning...which pattern did you use again..I will have to put it in my queue!

Julie said...

Looks fabulous! I love the colors and the cables. Great work!

Josiane said...

Gorgeous sweater! Thanks also for mentioning this article on finishing: it would certainly be useful to me too.

Knitsnpurls said...

Thanks for all the kind words. Michelle, the sweater is Twist from Chic Knits. Here is the link:
http://www.chicknits.com/catalog/twist.html