Friday, March 7, 2008

The Fates....

....are definitely against me. It's so cool to see what everyone is getting accomplished and now I will confess that my sweater is hiding in my knitting basket. I got through the yoke and then the week went to heck and the sweater decided life outside the basket wasn't safe. One brave sock has sallied forth believing itself immune to the madness that reigns in our home.

My week has been: family friend passed away (he had been in a medically induced coma for about a month, so sad but not completely unexpected), DH's 13 year old former stepson moved in, and a chest infection for me, wheee! And so I think for now I'm going to the sidelines and enjoying seeing what everyone else gets done. Although, I am planning on trying to lure my sweater out of it's basket this weekend and shame it by showing it the lovely pics of other people's sweaters. Oh, and I should add that much as folks at work are saying this week would make a fab after school movie, I do feel pretty good. It's just not conducive to good concentrated knitting time.

3 comments:

Josiane said...

I'm sorry to read you've had such a week... But at least, you're not the most behind on your sweater knitting around here! How do I know? Well, even though I have been working on my sweater quite a bit all week long, I'm only *almost* done with the yoke.

Holly said...

Hope that next week goes better. Hot tea with lemon (and whiskey if you are so inclined) along with a movie and you knitting needles.
Might even get a couple of rows done....

littlelib said...

Thanks for the good wishes. I felt a little odd after writing it, but lighter :) I think I'll pull out the sweater tonight, we're planning on a very quiet night at home. Something has been said about reinstalling Windows on the computers so I'm free to do whatever my heart desires.

(Holly, I'll try and wrestle the whiskey away from the computer guy)