Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Bound together!

I wrote a post last night, but it was late and I have not a clue as to where it went.

I spent today involved in teaching a course. This means I actually was away from my office (and therefore the phone and the computer) for most of the day. I was able to do some knitting at lunch and between one session in the afternoon.

I managed to finish up the last 6 cm of the back and both of the fronts (I had been 1/2 way up from the start of the V).

I left all the shoulder stitches live, then bound them off together (rather than binding off as I went). I still have live stitches at the back of the neck. I am not sure that I am going to do a crochet around the neck or do a finish similar to the bottom of the sleeves.

I am probably going to have to do a bit of blocking first, since both the neck and the arm holes want to curl.

But I love both the color and the feel of the yarn as I knit it. This much took less than three balls. This is good as I enlarged the armholes which makes the sleeves somewhat wider, at least at the top!

Now off to cast on a sleeve. Doing those in the round as well!

in Germany where we had cool and blowing, but no rain or snow!


gretchen said...

that's awesome!! I'm still on sleeve #1..

Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

Wow! That's great. I better get my butt in gear.

Michelle said...

looks great...only 3 balls..nice!