Tuesday, March 12, 2013

DAY 12

Can you say RIIIIIPPPPP?  It's not as bad as I thought it would be.  Only had to rip out 25 rounds. Only.  When I swatch, I usually don't bother with row gauge because I always adjust the pattern to fit my long torso.  I was expecting to do the same with this sweater.  What I didn't account for was the shortness of the yoke. Turns out I need more length up there too.  I love knitting from the top down just for this reason.   Once the yoke was finished I just held it up against myself, saw that it fell more or less where it was supposed to,  merrily divided for the arms and kept knitting the body.  I tried it on earlier this evening and noticed that although the width of the sweater was good (thank you knitting Karma), the arm holes felt tight.  Naturally I ignored this and knit another 11 rounds.  I had arrived at the spot in the pattern that calls for increases, presumably to adjust for the hips.  HA  I wasn't over my chest yet! And the folly of my actions sank in.  Almost a full ball of yarn ripped back and re-wound.  Picking up those 300+ stitches was a joy, let me tell you!  Thank goodness Lett Lopi is grippy.  That is so a real word. 

Before: 

 
After:

 
So apparently I like a bit of adventure with my sweaters.  I'm back on track.  Let's see how long that lasts. Feel free to smirk in my general direction.  

No comments: