Saturday, March 3, 2012

Ok - I'm in

After asking the original question it would be really tacky of me to skip out now wouldn't it?

So I decided to let the stash decide. If I could find enough yarn in the right weight that wasn't committed to another project then I would go for it.

About this time two years ago a store called Army-Navy in Camberley (UK) decided to ditch their yarn department. First all of it went to 30% off and I bought some yarn. When they dropped the price on the remaining yarn to 70% off, I went back and stocked up on Rowan. Of course, the stock was pretty picked over and the color choice was weird but what the hey.

Turns out I have four choices of Silky Tweed with 14 skeins or more (Jazz-purple, Inky - blue-green, Conifer - duh dark green, and Sooty - dark grey) and some Red Rowan Aran.

Now, normally I would automatically go for red/grey but thought I would ask all of you for an opinion. As soon as it is light enough to take decent pictures without a flash I will post the pix on my normal blog and would appreciate any comments both on suitability and color. Of Words and Woll

-Holly

2 comments:

Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

FYI, the link to your blog is not working. Maybe it's case sensitive. Glad you'll be joining us!

Holly said...

It was probably off line, I had to update wordpress. I will try it again now.