Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I finally cast-on!


I finally cast on for my Central Park Hoodie yesterday. It will be a Christmas Present for my sister - so I am super glad for this blog to talk about this otherwise secret knitting.

The yarn is Debbie Bliss Donegal Luxury Tweed in a light gray colorway (number 360010). It has flecks of black, light pink, blue and green in it. It is a super soft yarn - and a two ply that has the look of a singles yarn. I was able to spit splice the first two balls together perfectly, which I am really excited about because it means less ends to weave in and I will save a little extra yardage.

I am knitting the fronts and back together, and will split at the armpits...for now I have finished the 3.5 inches of ribbing, plus the first 4 pattern rows for the sweater.



And as you may notice, I marked each cable with a F or a B to say whether or not to hold the cable to the front or the back, now I don't have to watch the pattern anymore, just my row counter. I am really excited to see this fabric shape up!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks fantastic so far!

Tara said...

Looks great! Looking forward to reading about your progress.

Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

Good idea, marking the cables and working in one piece. Faster, for sure.

Rani said...

Hooray! I'll be making one, too! I actually started mine last spring, but plan to finish it by Oct. 15.