Thursday, April 3, 2008

Another Confession

I finally got around to looking through my knitting trunk this morning and all I can say is Oh. My. There are a lot of UFO's in there!

After some consideration I picked out three projects that I would like to complete--if not all in this month, at least soon (I have some new projects I am working on too).
First, a cabled tank with miscrossed cables that need fixing and about a third of the front to go.
Second, a sleeveless Fleece Artist Garter Stitch Jacket.
Third, a long-sleeved, wrap sweater, which only requires another 1 1/4 sleeves, the neckbands and ties.
I'm going to tackle the cabled tank first, partly because the weather is getting warmer and partly because it is the oldest UFO in the group.
Do we even want to ask ourselves why we have so many UFO's?!?

5 comments:

Janet said...

Oh, that long sleeved wrap sweater, what's the pattern? I have been wanting to knit something like that.

Hm. I see why we have so many UFO's. This might not help, seeing everyone else's.

Josiane said...

You probably know how to fix your miscrossed cables already, but if not, here's a link to a great tutorial on how to do so without ripping: http://www.januaryone.com/archives/2007/01/janice_and_marge.php
I hope it helps!
I really like your wrap sweater too!

Holly said...

I think we all have them because we fall in love with new things, or something happens to make it "not fun"

I would do these in the order of difficulty from easiest to hard.

Completely agree - go to fix those cables, you can be done in an hour or less.

make the garter your mindless knitting

and the wrap sweater is lovely. Pattern?

Knitsnpurls said...

Thanks, Josiane, for the link. Yes, thankfully I do know how to fix the cables without ripping but it will still be a big job. Yikes! For those who asked, the basis for the wrap sweater is a pattern from Twilley's Freedom Spirit book #455, with elements incorporated from Knitting Pure and Simple pattern #263 (ie. seed stitch borders rather than ribbing). I am dreading knitting the ties--inches and inches of seed stitch. Yuck.

Knitsnpurls said...

After I left the last comment I checked out Josiane's link on fixing cables, seeing if I could learn anything new. And did I! When she said without ripping, I thought she meant without ripping back the whole sweater, just laddering down to the offending cables themselves and recrossing them (which is what I do), but she meant *without ripping at all*. If you haven't already, check out this link. All of a sudden recrossing the cables doesn't seem like such a huge job. Thank you again, Josiane.